Very Simple No-Sew Doll Diapers

My daughter loves to put diapers on her baby dolls but the only thing is that the diapers that we bought for her to do so is losing their stickiness on the tabs. So, I have searched Pinterest for a super easy tutorial on how to make diapers for dolls and this is my tutorial on how to make them.

I do not take credit for this design and the original is here. I found her tutorial a little confusing at first which lead me to make my own that would helpfully be easier to follow for others.

20160406_105023

First step is to find/buy some felt. I had some laying around, it’s really old and had fuzzies all over but I made it work. It was actually a cloth that was used to keep some kitchen utensils I sold at my first job as a teenager from poking about. I kept the cloth, believing one day I would use it for something, and I was right! 🙂
20160406_105302

Second step is to fold it in half or like a hot dog as my elementary teacher would say. You guessed it, folding it the other way is hamburger.

 

Third step: check the size against the doll. I do this by seeing how far the felt would go up when I wrapped it around the baby. I saw mine went up a little too high and trimmed a little off till I felt it was the right size. If you want your diaper to fit an assortment of sizes, it’s best to make it bigger than smaller.

 

Fourth step is to shape it. I used a bowl and marked it with a marker to make a curved line to cut. It’s not exact measurements. After I cut along the line I made I put the baby doll inside and wrapped it around like a diaper and cut accordingly. I felt the front tabs were too long so I trimmed those and the back tabs a bit. As I mentioned earlier, if you want it to fit more than just that doll you should make it a little bigger than smaller. I just went for the exact fit rather than bigger.

 

20160406_110623

Last step is to place the velcro on the tabs. You can’t see the velcro that well but I had a roll of each, the sticky part and the non-sticky part. I simply measured the length of what I wanted for each, cut it, and then stuck it on. I had adhesive velcro but if you don’t have that adhesive, you can just sew it on.

The baby on the left was the first attempt and the one on the right is my second. I didn’t think to take pictures of the steps till I was doing my second attempt. To be honest, the first attempt looks better. I believe I cut the tabs a little too small for the second one but that’s what happens when you start to experiment.

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and it was easy to follow. I’m sorry the pictures are not top quality. I plan on making more tutorials on different things in the future, not sure what yet but that’s the fun of it. 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s