Very Simple No-Sew Doll Diapers

My daughter loves to put diapers on her baby dolls but the only thing is that the diapers that we bought for her to do so is losing their stickiness on the tabs. So, I have searched Pinterest for a super easy tutorial on how to make diapers for dolls and this is my tutorial on how to make them.

I do not take credit for this design and the original is here. I found her tutorial a little confusing at first which lead me to make my own that would helpfully be easier to follow for others.

20160406_105023

First step is to find/buy some felt. I had some laying around, it’s really old and had fuzzies all over but I made it work. It was actually a cloth that was used to keep some kitchen utensils I sold at my first job as a teenager from poking about. I kept the cloth, believing one day I would use it for something, and I was right! 🙂
20160406_105302

Second step is to fold it in half or like a hot dog as my elementary teacher would say. You guessed it, folding it the other way is hamburger.

 

Third step: check the size against the doll. I do this by seeing how far the felt would go up when I wrapped it around the baby. I saw mine went up a little too high and trimmed a little off till I felt it was the right size. If you want your diaper to fit an assortment of sizes, it’s best to make it bigger than smaller.

 

Fourth step is to shape it. I used a bowl and marked it with a marker to make a curved line to cut. It’s not exact measurements. After I cut along the line I made I put the baby doll inside and wrapped it around like a diaper and cut accordingly. I felt the front tabs were too long so I trimmed those and the back tabs a bit. As I mentioned earlier, if you want it to fit more than just that doll you should make it a little bigger than smaller. I just went for the exact fit rather than bigger.

 

20160406_110623

Last step is to place the velcro on the tabs. You can’t see the velcro that well but I had a roll of each, the sticky part and the non-sticky part. I simply measured the length of what I wanted for each, cut it, and then stuck it on. I had adhesive velcro but if you don’t have that adhesive, you can just sew it on.

The baby on the left was the first attempt and the one on the right is my second. I didn’t think to take pictures of the steps till I was doing my second attempt. To be honest, the first attempt looks better. I believe I cut the tabs a little too small for the second one but that’s what happens when you start to experiment.

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and it was easy to follow. I’m sorry the pictures are not top quality. I plan on making more tutorials on different things in the future, not sure what yet but that’s the fun of it. 🙂

Advertisements

Sewing More Than Ever & No-Sew

I have done more sewing now than I have ever done. My daughter received hand me downs from different people and some of them needed to be repaired. For example, she received a really cute pink one-piece shorts that had yellow polka dots but it only had one shoulder covering. I thought that was how it came but still decided to sew on a ribbon to be the other shoulder strap. I found out that it did have a shoulder strap there it must have just ripped off.

I also sewed on some buttons onto my boyfriend’s shirts he had bought but were missing some. They were button down shirts but he liked them a lot. I plan on sewing some blankets of Neveah’s that have holes in them. I still have to sew on another one-piece short outfit she got that the hole for where the button would go for the strap is about to rip.

But it hasn’t been all about just sewing. I finally finished crocheting something to go around out silverware holder because the spoons kept spilling out of the sides. I made it a tad bit too small though so it was hard putting on but still seemed to do the trick lol. I also finally cut up an old t-shirt to make it better. I saw lots of ideas mentioning no-sew ways to make a t-shirt look better. I tried two ways. I only have pictures of one way because the other way turned out pretty bad. I think I needed a bigger t-shirt to do it. I cut the t-shirt all the way down one side and cut slits to tie off the side (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/464715255276618216/). It didn’t turn out right for me. The other way was pretty cute though. I’m not fond of the logo because I’m not into watching sports but still, cute. Pictures below.

Front view.

Front view.

Sleeve view.

Sleeve view.

Back view.

Back view.

You see, this was pretty easy. I’ll give the link to the pinterest post I got inspired by. I just cut the sleeves as an extra to look a little better. It also fits more comfortably lol.